The Investigative Process
Please note that the following are some of the expectations that the University has of you and your participation in the investigative process:
- You are expected to cooperate fully throughout the investigation and be completely honest in answering questions and providing information.
- You are expected to provide the Office of Equity and Inclusion with all of the information and documentation that you believe may help in the investigating of your complaint. If at any time you have any additional information or documentation that you think could be relevant to your concerns, please provide it.
- The University conducts investigations of sexual harassment complaints discretely and, confidentially, to the extent permitted under law. For the integrity of the investigation process, you are requested to not discuss this investigation with any person who does not have a legitimate business reason to know.
- You are expected to comply with all University policies applicable to you while your complaint is pending.
- If you have any questions or concerns about any of these expectations, or about the investigation process, contact the Office of Equity and Inclusion immediately.
You are reminded of your right to seek assistance outside the University with respect to your concerns should you so desire. Also, you are reminded of the University's No Retaliation Policy: "No student or employee shall be subject to any form of reprisal or retaliation for having made a good faith compliant under the University's Sexual Harassment Policy or for having participated in an investigation of a complaint under this policy. Appropriate steps will be taken to protect employees and students from retaliation."